12/27/2008

The last two days: electricity and internet?

Well, here I am at the other side of the island, in the little "summer house" my parents got built over the last year. It's nice and cozy and all, and for the most part, it's not bad.

However, there have been 2 major inconveniences: no power and no internet...

When I say no power, I mean that the electricity has not been hooked up to the house yet. At the moment, we're running off of a generator, mainly because I had to write my Graduate School essays, and was able to convince my dad to let it run for a while.

And no internet... well, I managed to steal a wireless signal from one of the neighbors (thank you linksys and unsecured networks). It's not the best signal, but it's not too bad either, since I can get on the internet. However, it's not at good as having a full blown signal that doesn't cut out every now and then.

Well, the last few days have been fun. I've been to several parrandas (Puerto Rican caroling), and I've been enjoying my iPod. I just got an iHome and a sleeve thing for it, so I'll be using that as my new alarm back at school, and using the sleeve for when I go to Leid (it's one of those that wraps around the arm).

Well, I'm off.

Eduardo the Golden Phoenix

No comments: