2/15/2009

Life Directions

I'm not entirely sure why, but reviewing one's life goals seems to be quite popula these days.  Many of my friends recently changed their major, or, in some cases, decided that they wanted to pursue a religious life.
Well, with graduation coming up, I've been thinking more and more about my future, and I've been asking myself some pretty tough questions.  For example: what do I see myself doing in 10 years? Do I really want to be doing Theoretical Physics for the rest of my life?  Is there something else I'd really like to do in my life?
Well, I've been giving thought to some different paths I could take once I have my PhD in Physics, and was thinking about industry (also known as the private sector).  Talking this over with my mom, she mentioned that one of her college friends' husband was a physics graduate who now works in Research and Devolpement at Intel.
I'm not sure what, but something about working for Intel (or a similar company) just seems pretty awesome.  I plan to still get my PhD, but I'm not going to limit my career choices to academia.  We'll see what I'm doing in 10 years.

No comments: