4/06/2009

University of Michigan

Well, after many long days and nights of searching, I've finally made a choice for the university I'm going to for Graduate School: University of Michgan.  They have a really good physics program, and they will help me at every step of the way.
One of the really cool things it thatt they gave me a really nice fellowship.  Accoring to the email I received, "Your award for the first year will consist of a stipend equal to 50% Graduate Student Research Assistant/GSRA for the fall and winter terms, full tuition, and GradCare health and dental insurance. The award also provides one spring/summer stipend of $8500."  Basically, I'll be getting full tuition, and a $2000-per-month stipend, plus the other stuff.  Now that's a sweet deal.
I'm getting really excited about going to Michigan.  It's kinda funny to think this was one of the last schools I decided to apply to, and now they're giving me such a sweet deal.  Kinda like when I came to Iowa State...
And on top of that, my parents told me they would get me a car.  Possibly new.  Actually, most likely new.  I'll have to be happy with what in the lot when  we go visit, but hey, it's a new car.  That's really cool.
The one thing that's kinda worrying is that I'll have to leave Kristin behind for a while.  Hopefully, she'll be able to follow me, and afterwards, who knows where we'll end up.  We've been talking, and there's a few options, so we'll see...

No comments: